Today we’re diving back into the wonderful world of circuits and helping our pirates navigate the dangerous shoals of their treasure island by making a beautiful LED lighthouse circuit activity.
This is a fast circuit activity that will help improve those circuit building skills, understanding how electricity makes LEDs light up.
Friday: Beacon of hope (LED Lighthouse Circuit)
Activity: Build an LED lighthouse circuit to make sure your ship doesn’t run aground.
Use our growing circuit skills to build a lighthouse that can be used to direct ships, or keep the pirates at bay over night.
- Copper tape – might also be available at Walmart or hardware stores
- LEDs – maybe at Walmart or specialty electronic stores
- CR2032 batteries – walmart or the grocery store
- Small clear cup/jar (like a clear plastic cup, baby food jar, applesauce cup etc)
- Thin cardboard or cardstock (cereal boxes are great)
- Masking tape
- Hot glue
- Base (something to support your project – a thicker piece of cardboard, a piece of scrap wood, a plastic tray bound for the trash, etc)
CR2032 Batteries – https://amzn.to/2xyVxPe
LEDs – https://amzn.to/2Qi7nDQ
Copper Tape – https://amzn.to/2Qjhpou